Aldi wears its German roots proudly
Aldi carves a niche with imported German products you won’t find at your American supermarket chains:
- Seasonal Items – In early spring, it’s all about Easter. Look for Choceur Chocolate Surprise Eggs filled with European assorted chocolates and Moser Roth fine German chocolates, including its Finest Easter Egg varieties. In December, German holiday specialties including Winternacht solid and hollow chocolates, chocolate Santa figurines, Merci European chocolate, Witor’s pralines, Choceur chocolate coins, Ferrero Rocher chocolates, Rolo candies, Winternacht marzipan logs and Duca Reserva panettone. Aldi spotlights seasonal deals under its “Aldi Finds” banner.
- Bread – Aldi offers a variety of German breads.
- European Sweets – You’ll find German and other European chocolates at Aldi. According to Forbes, specialty chocolates are among the best things to buy at Aldi.
- Beer – While the beer selection isn’t deep, Aldi shines in offering European-brewed beers. Look for Broegel Bock Beer, Licher Weizen, Wernesgruner Pilsner, and Kinroo Blue.
- German Food – Don’t overlook the flavored spaetzles, German-style pickles, apple strudel and other unique snacks.