It’s Shopping Season for Identity Thieves also!
The holidays offer cybercriminals a chance to steal financial account information, Social Security numbers, credit card information and other sensitive data. When shopping online or in public places, please remember a few basic tips that can go a long way to protecting your identity and personal information:
- Avoid unprotected Wi-Fi.
- Shop at familiar online retailers
- Learn to recognize and avoid phishing emails that pose as a “trusted source”
- Keep a clean machine
- Use passwords that are strong, long, and unique
- Use multi-factor authentication
- Encrypt and password-protect sensitive data
Want to learn more about how to protect your identity during the holidays? Click Here.